Importers may use the ISF Filing Instructions below in conjunction with the Live ISF Form to input the required data to get the ISF Filed with U.S. Customs and Border protection.
1. MANUFACTURER NAME AND ADDRESS - Name & address to be reported are of the entity that last manufactures, assembles, produces, or grows the commodity.
2. SELLER NAME AND ADDRESS: Last known entity by whom the goods are sold or agreed to be sold; if no sale then the name and address of the owner is to be reported.
3. BUYER NAME AND ADDRESS: Last known entity to which the goods are sold or agreed to be sold: No Sale, owner report the owner of the goods.
4. SHIP TO NAME AND ADDRESS: Report the First deliver to party scheduled to physically receive the goods after release from Customs’ Custody.
5. CONTAINER STUFFING LOCATION: Name and address of the physical location(s) where the goods were stuffed; for break bulk (LCL) this is the physical location(s) where the goods were made shipment ready.
6. CONSOLIDATOR (STUFFER) NAME AND ADDRESS: The Party who stuffed the container or arranged for its stuffing; break bulk goods, it is the shipment ready party.
7. IMPORTER OF RECORD and Tax ID Number: Provide the Importer's Name, Address and Tax ID Number. This can be the Business EIN Number or Social Security Number.
8. CONSIGNEE : Provide the Consignee's Name, Address and Tax ID Number. This can be the Business EIN Number or Social Security Number. The Consignee in most cases will be the same as the Importer of Record, which is the person or entity financially responsible for the goods.
9. COMMODITY HTS Code(s): For all goods imported into the US, each have their own unique 10 digit HTS Code. These codes used to define and classify internationally traded goods for Customs purposes. Importer's may use HTS Code Finder to locate code.
Product Description: Men's Cotton T-Shirts
HTS Code: 6109.10.0004
10. COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Country of manufacture, production or growth, based upon the import laws, rules and regulation of the U.S.
Vessel Sailing Information
1. Master Bill of Lading #: Provided by the seller and usually located on ISF info sheet. This number is issued by the Carrier.
Example Format: AMS SCAC Code + Bill Number = OOLU 2593513210
2. House Bill of Lading #: Provided by the seller and usually located on ISF info sheet. Number is issued by the Freight Forwarder
Example Format: AMS SCAC Code + Bill Number = AMIG L170388843A
3. Estimated Vessel Departure Date: The departure date of the main mother vessel that will be sailing to the United States. Feeder vessels involved in the trans-shipment of the goods does not apply to the ETD date.
As the Importer of Record for your shipment, CBP identifies all Importers by their Social Security number for Individuals, or Tax EIN# for Businesses. The Importer has a choice as to which ID they would like use for their declarations to CBP. Proofs of ID is required by CBP in order to verify the identity of the Importer of Record.
Accepted Proofs of ID
All: Drivers License or State ID of the person signing the Power of Attorney.
Additional ID required: For Individuals - Tax Return, W2 or copy of Social Security Card.
For Business - Articles of Organization, Corporation, IRS Tax EIN Number Letter, or Proof of LLC.
Data on the ISF info sheet